Excerpt from the book ‘The Power of Your Sub Conscious Mind By Joseph Murphy.
THE CONSCIOUS AND SUBCONSCIOUS MINDS
An excellent way to get acquainted with the two functions of your mind is to look upon your own mind as a garden. You are a gardener, and you are planting seeds (thoughts in your subconscious mind all day long, based on your habitual thinking. As you sow in your subconscious mind, so shall you reap in your body and environment?
The captain is the master of his ship, and his decrees are carried out. Likewise, your conscious mind is the captain and the master of your ship, which represents your body, environment, and all your affairs. Your subconscious mind takes the orders you give it based upon what your conscious mind believes and accepts as true.
HOW HER SUBCONSCIOUS RESPONDED
Be sure that you think on whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
BRIEF SUMMARY OF IDEAS WORTH REMEMBERING- PUT IN WHAT YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE AND ALLOW IT TO GIVE YOU THE ANSWER-(Ex Vedoci when she was small we used to ask her questions )
- The treasure house is within you. Look within for the answer to your heart’s desire. The great secret possessed by the great men of all ages was theirs.
- Ability to contact and release the powers of their sub conscious mind. You can do the same.
- Your subconscious has the answer to all problems. If you suggest to your subconscious prior to sleep, “I want to get up at 6 AM. It will awaken you at that exact time.
- Your subconscious mind is the builder of your body and can heal you. Lull yourself to sleep every night with the idea of perfect health, and your subconscious, being your faithful servant, will obey you.
- Every thought is a cause, and every condition is an effect.
- If you want to write a book, write a wonderful play, give a better talk to your audience, convey the idea lovingly and feelingly to your subconscious mind, and it will respond accordingly.
- You are like a captain navigating a ship. He must give the right mire the right orders (thoughts and image) to your subconscious mind, which control and governs all your experience.
- Never use the terms “I can’t afford it” or “I can’t do this.” Your subconscious mind takes you at your word and sees to it that you do not have the money or the ability to do what you want to do. Affirm, “I can do all things through the power of my subconscious mind.
- The law of life is the law of belief. A belief is a thought in your mind. Do not believe in things to harm or hurt you. Believe in the power of your subconscious to heal, inspire, strengthen, and prosper you. According to your belief is it done unto you?
10. Change your thoughts, and you change your destiny.