Benefits Physical Activity
Physical activity benefits both the body and mind.
Healthy adults should aim for at least 30 minutes of daily physical activity and at least 1 hour for healthy kids (5-17 years).
Follow these tips for staying physically active during self-isolation or quarantine:
- Plan time for physical activity in your day
- Take regular breaks from sitting by standing up and stretching or going for a quick walk if permitted
- Follow an online exercise class
- Think outside the box: activities like dancing, playing active video games, cleaning the house or playing with your kids all count as physical activity!
Get Enough Quality Sleep!
A lack of quality sleep can negatively affect both our physical and mental health as well as reduce our immune system’s ability to fight off infections.
The amount of sleep we need depends on our age. In general, adults should aim to get at least 7 hours of quality sleep per night.
Stress brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic may have a negative impact our sleep. Therefore, we should try to priorities good sleeping habits and ensure we are getting enough.
Here are some tips to help you improve your sleep:
- Establish a regular sleep schedule (going to bed and getting up at set times), and keep it on weekends and when working from hom
- Avoid caffeine before bedtime
- Exercise regularly
- Use comfortable inviting bedding
- Keeping your room quiet, dark and at a comfortable temperature
- Disconnect from electronics before going to bed
- Try relaxation techniques such as meditation
Hot Herbal Activator
1/2 teaspoon saunf
Few mint leaves
Few lemon grass twigs
Few tulsi leaves
Few sage leaves
1 inch piece of ginger
jaggery and lime to taste
Put all the ingredients except lime, to boil in water.
Strain the liquid, add lime and serve.
A COOK BOOK OF UNCOOKED FOOD
SHEHNAZ A. THANAWALA