Good nutrition is an important part of leading a healthy lifestyle. Combined with physical activity, your diet can help you to reach and maintain a healthy weight, reduce your risk of chronic diseases (like heart disease and cancer), and promote your overall health.
Some tips on Mindful Eating:
- Don’t eat on the go – it’s difficult to be aware of how much you are eating. Have a seat.
- Resist eating straight from the bag/box. Serve your food – you’ll be able to see and appreciate what and how much you’re eating.
- Remove distractions. Turn off the TV and everything else with a screen, like computers, phones, etc. while eating
- Take small bites and chew well, while focusing on the smell, taste and texture of the food. Try to get 30 chews out of each bite.
- Try putting your utensils down after each bite. Don’t pick them back up until you’ve swallowed what you already have in your mouth.
- Don’t try to finish the whole plate. If you feel full, safely keep the leftovers.
2 portions of roasted dhania
1 portion of roasted jeera
1 portion of roasted saunf
1/2 inch ginger juice
1/2 cups water
Milk to taste
Powder dhania, jeera and saunf in a mixer, cool and store in air-tight container.
For the tea, boil the water. Add full teaspoon of the roasted powder mentioned above. Strain the tea, add ginger juice, honey and milk. Serve immediately.
A COOK BOOK OF UNCOOKED FOOD
SHEHNAZ A. THANAWALA