- Blessing food before a meal brings your attention to the moment for eating and that way prepares your physiological body to digest the meal by increasing salivation, digestion enzymes.
- Mindfulness before meals releases hormones and sets your brain to the mode for enjoyment
- Taking the moment to focus before the meal prepares your physiological body and your emotional body to enjoy the meal and feel fulfillment after the meal.
- The positive thinking and blessing of the food change the molecule structure of water, influencing the fluid cells in food and the way they affect your body and digestion.
- Blessing your meal brings your attention to the moment. It makes you more conscious of what you are eating and consuming, awakening your body to all the senses and allowing the maximal enjoyment of flavors and tastes.
So When was the last time you took the moment to be thankful for your meal?
Lyrics in Sanskrit
ॐ सह नाववतु।
Om Saha NaAvavatu |
सह नौ भुनक्तु।
Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
सह वीर्यं करवावहै।
Saha Veeryam Karavaavahai |
Maa Vidvishaavahai |
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ॥
Om Shaanti: Shaanti: Shaanti: ||
Meaning in English
Om, May the Lord protect us both (the Teacher and the Student);
May the Lord nourishes us both; Let both of us perform valorous actions together;
The learning of both of us may be bright; Let us not hate each other.
Om, Peace (in me), Peace (in nature), Peace (in divine forces).